Strengthen families and prevent child abuse and neglect in at-risk families in Manatee & Sarasota Counties by providing parenting education and support services.
Ensure all families in our community have access to the skills and support needed to effectively parent their children.
WHAT WE DO:
Let’s face it – parenting is difficult. Many would argue it is the most challenging, yet most important job in the world. But you do not have to do it alone. The Family Partnership Center exists to help each parent understand their children’s development and behaviors. We also teach parents new, effective parenting skills to help keep their children safe and help them reach their full potential.
Our parenting education programs help you discover fun ways to foster your child’s learning and strengthen your parent/child bond. These programs include in-home parenting services, community-based groups, classes and workshops. All of our programs are offered at little or no cost in both the daytime and evenings, often with free childcare.
WHO WE SERVE:
Every person parenting a child can benefit from parenting education and support. The strongest parents are those that seek as much information and support as possible to safely and effectively raise children in this ever-changing world.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE:
- Since 1994, the Family Partnership Center has been embedded in our community, providing parenting education and serving parents of children ages 0-17, at all levels of risk, through highly qualified Parenting Educators.
- We are 1 of only 67 Accredited Child Abuse Prevention Centers nationally (1 of 6 in Florida) through the National Exchange Club (NEC).
- We consistently earned the highest level of accreditation (AAA) for our high quality programs and professional business operations.
- Our in-home, Parent Partner Program, is a published evidence-based program (NEC “Parent Aide” model).
- Our programs are offered in both English and Spanish, and many are court approved.
- Our programs are customized to meet the individual needs of each family.
- We work with other local organizations to ensure the parents we’re serving have access to the vital resources they need to adequately care for their families (i.e. food, mental health counseling, housing, etc.)
Click here to see our Giving Partner Profile for our 990s, audits and more.